A FUNDING deal with Somerset Council and Devon County Council will see the return next month of the much-loved Exmoor Coaster scenic bus service.
The spectacular open-top bus service takes passengers from Minehead to Ilfracombe along Exmoor’s stunning coastline via Porlock Hill and Countisbury Hill.
It is one of the UK’s most spectacular public transport routes, offering panoramic views of Exmoor’s rugged beauty and connecting communities along the coast.
The 2025 season will start on May 26 after confirmation of £50,000 financial support from the Devon authority and £10,000 from Somerset.

First Bus, which runs the service, said both the Minehead to Lynmouth and Lynmouth to Ilfracombe routes would again be operational.
Exmoor National Park Authority chairman and Devon deputy leader Cllr Andrea Davis said: “I am pleased this vital and popular bus route has been saved.
“Giving car free access to the national park and supporting businesses along the route, this is a much loved service for both residents and visitors.
“I look forward to another summer of beautiful photos being posted of our incredible land and seascape.
“With the current economic uncertainty, having affordable options for transport in the national park is ever more important.
“I hope many local residents take the opportunity of enjoying this wonderful experience.”
Exmoor farmer and political campaigner James Wright said: “The return of the Exmoor Coaster is fantastic news, not just for visitors, but for the businesses and communities that rely on increased footfall each summer.
“This route is more than just a scenic ride, it is part of the rural economy’s backbone.
“It is disappointing that it is not starting earlier in the season but if you have not yet been on it, it is one for the bucket list.”
The Coaster’s full timetable will be available online shortly with single fares capped at £3.